Wednesday, July 1, 2009

quick hits

Really quick before I have to run out to go to Kelsey's parents cabin...

I can still feel the pain in my entire body from tubing last weekend. Dad decided to try out his new boat's power and threw us off the tube.. at about... 42 miles per hour.. just a guess. I say this because I have never slid off a tube, and skipped on the top of the water as much as i did when I fell off the tube this weekend. I literally watched my dad look back, see that I was off the tube, and turn the boat around before i had finally slowed down enough to submerge beneath the waters surface. Ow...

Needless to say, by courtesy of a favorable judges ruling, Brian and I had to end our best of 3 match at a one-one tie to be decided at a later date. We simply could not take the beating anymore.

It was then we realized why dad was so mean.. he wanted to get up river to go to the Tiki-bar. I was in full compliance by the time we made it to shore that I threw the tubes on the beach, and Kelsey, Brian, Dad and I drove the boat up to what is becoming a nice summer spot on the lake.

There were some other fun things this last weekend. I made it up on the wakeboard OK and i've got that to look forward to when I return later this month, and a new deck that we helped build is also there for some nice laying out in the sun. Should be a great summer at the Trauscht Cabin.

The Biagi cabin is awaiting and it should also be a great time! I'm looking forward to more lake time and beer drinking with a side of cheese curds! Fun weekend 2 of 2 coming up!

HO K Peace out!

No comments: