Saturday, July 25, 2009

"Zut alors, I have missed one!!"

Whoops.. missed last week's entry. I guess that means I have a wrestling move coming my way. My guess is that I'm going to get it tomorrow during dinner. I'll be sure to put it on video for all to see. It's only fair.

This week was insane. Monday started off OK, but when I got home from golf league I arrived to find a tree-branch blocking my driveway. AWESOME! The branch was pretty sizable, at about 12" in diameter at its biggest point. Luckily Kelsey and I park our cars in the garage most of the time. We were both considering leaving ours out because we were just going to take the Saturn in to get the tires replaced, but luckily for us no car was hit. We proceeded to cut down the limb and hack it into manageable pieces for the time being. Of course, being as the nature of bad luck goes, I was off to Boston the next morning. We've had tree branches taking up a good chunk of our yard all week. I started the cleanup process yesterday, but will finish it today. The good news is that we will have PLENTY of bonfire wood. So we got that going for us.

To add to the fun, it hailed here pretty good on Friday morning. Our shingles shed their little pebbles onto our deck, and while our steps on the deck have little dimples now, no clear damage occurred. We might see if our insurance adjuster will come look at our roof, and if we have some sort of luck, we might just get a free roof out of this. I would say its worth a look.

This is our first weekend home in a couple of months with nothing scheduled. We have already caught up on a lot of house chores and are even having people over for dinner / bonfire if the weather holds. It seems to be shaping up to be a nice weekend. I better get going and enjoy it!

That's all for now.

HO K PEACE OUT!

No comments: