Thursday, June 25, 2009

Drag me behind a boat

Its off to the cabin this weekend! I'll start it off with a little golf with the Bro, Dad and Uncle. I always enjoy golf at my parents cabin. The course is very nice and always a challenge, especially when Uncle Dave leads the charge and challenge of drinking at least a 6 pack before the first 9 holes are done. :-)
Then it will be back to the cabin to hang out with the fam and head off to the Stones Throw once Kelsey arrives (poor wifey has to work on Friday!!). After that I'm sure we'll get into a game of dominoes or something like that, which is always fun!
Saturday will bring an early rise both with our dog and the little niece and nephew. I will be taking full advantage of this though because we now have a new boat and a wake board! I'm making Brian get out of bed (or if Dad is up) and getting on that boat as soon as i can to get on the wakeboard. I did a little practice run last week at Kelsey's parents cabin, and while I got up OK, as soon as I climbed back into the boat, my triceps, deltoids and hamstrings really started to flame up. Something tells me I'm going to be one hurting kid after wakeboarding and the tubing challenge that Brian has accepted. We'll need my dad for that one for sure.
The fun part will be seeing Trevor's reactions. I remember being raised on this very same lake and I always enjoyed the water sports. It might not be his cup of tea, but knowing his crazy uncles, he might just want to partake in it after we show him how much fun it is. Either that, or we'll just hang out at the Rhino beach and go swimming with some rafts and play some games there. Remember kids, don't go in the lake farther than your knees! Kids have drowed there! WEAR A LIFE JACKET!! Otherwise Auntie Barb will make you sit up on the beach. (Video evidence is availaable).

I'm sure I'll have a better entry once the weekend is done, if i can lift my fingers to type. :-) Should be a great weekend!

HO K PEACE OUT!

No comments: