Friday, June 12, 2009

A new season

Well, with four weddings out of the way this year, I can finally say that wedding season has reached the "All-star break." We're not quite half-way with the wedding season or the summer, but it certainly feels like we've been to a lot of weddings. They have all been fantastic and Kelsey, myself, and all our friends definitely have memories at each one. The good news is that we don't have to keep spending our money on wedding gifts, figuring out what we have and what we need to return where, or store someplace in our ever shrinking storage space within our house. Nope, no more of that, for now at least. Now its time to move on to the other season during the summer... CABIN SEASON!!

We're off to Balsam Lake this weekend for a bit of relaxing with Kelsey's parents. I'm looking forward to this weekend because I get to go swimming and such, which is really how I kick off summer. It isn't summer till I hit that water! Frank went out and got a Sea-Doo Jet ski for the lake this year and we couldn't be more excited for it. We now have access to the two best modes of transportation around Balsam Lake. The pontoon for tooling around and getting some sun while stopping off at the bars for beer and cheese curds, as well as the Jet ski for all the fun and excitement you need on a sunny day. Luckily for us the weather looks like it might hold out for a decent weekend at the cabin. Better than last weekend anyway. :-)

We will be heading down to Lake Arbutus at the end of the month for this old man's Birthday. There is also a new toy there waiting for us as well. Dad got a new boat, and since he likes making deals, the salesman threw in the only water toy that we were missing, a wakeboard! I've done the tubing, and kneeboarding throughout my youth, and just don't have the strength to do it anymore, and waterskiing isn't that entertaining to me. Wakeboarding seems right up my alley to provide a few bruises for the Monday meetings at work. Needless to say I'm just happy the lake is up this year and that we have a chance to get out on the lake for some water sports, swimming and of course drinking. :-) It should be fun to take Trevor on the boat as well. We'll show him how much fun the toys can be and before you know it, he'll be out there carrying on the "King of the tube" title that I succesfully held until I gained enough weight to throw myself off. Maybe Brian and I need to make another title match to see if my 200+ lbs will knock his skinny butt off the tube while going 30 mph. I just hope I don't pop the tube when we hit the waves. :-)

Well, we just gotta get through one last friday shift of work and then we're Cabin bound! Get the beers cold, and enjoy your weekend!

HO K PEACE OUT!

No comments: