Saturday, May 30, 2009

The the fun times begin.

After the ceremony we got on our big limo-party bus loaded with champagne and beer. We set off to Pioneer Park to take some pictures and as we made our way down Hwy 36 we hit some traffic just as we approached Stillwater. This isn't uncommon and as we later learned that there was a couple of weddings and proms on the boats we should have figured we'd be sitting in traffic for about an hour. We were originally OK with this because we had beer and good music to keep us occupied. But then, the beer ran out. Luckily we got to the park and took some more amazing pictures and decided that it was about time we went somewhere where they had beer. Considering the reception had free beer we figured we might as well go there and start the festivities.

We got to the reception around 5:15 and started making our way through the crowd. We cut the cake for the photo-op and made our way even further through the crowd. The groomsmen and I got up to the bar for our first shot of the night. The LeBron bomb was something to behold, and all I can say about it is that I still had sugar on me later that night.

The dinner was very good, and the cake was amazing. Kelsey didn't get too much cake and is still very upset with that, but all in all I think the food portion went very well. The little hiccup in the night was Kelsey's grandma having some health issues, and all I can say is that thank goodness there were plenty of Nurse and medical personnel in attendance to make sure everything was OK. The photo booth was a big hit throughout the night, once it finally got there. :-) There are many photos throughout the night of drunken debauchery and all around good times. Kelsey and I will treasure the numerous pictures we have in a little guest book the attendant gave us at the end of the night. Apparently I threw up a few too many middle fingers (thanks Rich) in my pictures and I might have to edit them out before my nephew tells me I'm going to "Hellen"

The dance floor was packed all night and I was extremely grateful that everyone I talked to said how much fun they had. I think in essence that's what I wanted our wedding to be. We strived to make sure that the guests would have something to do, or that things would be easy for them so that they would have a good time. I think our hard work (mostly Kelsey's) paid off in the end. It seemed like a night to remember for everyone, and not just ourselves. I couldn't have been happier with the slide show, the speeches, the family that attended, and all the great things people had to say about our big day. It really was the greatest day of my life. :-)

Next post I'll get into the Honeymoon, minus the dirty details. I don't want to go to "Hellen" right?


HO K Peace out!!

No comments: